.

Photograph

Good Will Tour

Date: 1949-11-28 

Description: Governor Oscar Rennebohm (left) inspects the 21 wheels of Marathon County cheddar cheese and keys to Wisconsin's vacation land on the steps of the Wisconsi...

Photograph

Barn and Two Silos

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a barn and its two attached silos. Adjacent to the barn there is a fenced-in area with two horses and a rider wearing a hat. Farm located...

Photograph

Old Stage Coach

Date: 1925 

Description: Men and women pose on an old stage coach pulled by four horses. In the background are commercial buildings at the corner of Main and First Streets. The coa...

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of Bascom Hall with dome (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus looking north past the front portico. The view includes...

Photograph

The Tool Room

Date: 1945-08-25 

Description: Men working in the tool room, located in the northeast corner of Building #15.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Street level view of a dirt road through a country town with pedestrians looking on, a horse-drawn carriage approaching and the facades of a few brick and...

Date: 1872 

Description: View of Milwaukee, looking southwest toward the county courthouse while it was under construction.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A stocky man in a white suit stands at a lectern and microphone in front of the Elks Lodge (Al. Ringling home). Other men and women sit on the platform. A...

Photograph

Licari's Tavern

Date: 1980 

Description: Four arches reach above decorative thatched windows on a Spanish style building, which was known as Licari's Tavern. 1405 Emil Street.

Date: 1930 before

Description: Holiday postcard of Santa Claus waving to two children. He has a basket of toys and dolls on his back and is holding a toy horse. He is wearing the traditi...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Group of people standing in front of George and Martha Washington's tombs. One woman on the left is walking away from the tomb holding a camera. Two Americ...

Photograph

Ott House

Date: 1951 ca.

Description: An interior view of the John George Ott home, 754 Jenifer Street, built in 1873. Ott, a Swiss immigrant, served as an alderman and county supervisor.

Photograph

Nelson Dewey Farm

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Nelson Dewey farm, showing the house built on the site after Dewey's death. The original house built by Dewey burned in 1873.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Merrill Public Library. Above the main entrance it reads: "T.B. Scott Free Library." Reverse of the cardboard backing reads: "Carnegie...

Date: 1929 ca.

Description: 1 Langdon Street at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue, looking southeast.

Date: 1960-07-17 ca.

Description: A woodpile stacked next to a wire fence. Behind the woodpile is a white clapboard building with several windows and a door.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior view of the Stratford Hall kitchen, featuring an extensive hearth. Built in 1725, Stratford Hall was the ancestral home of the family of Robert E...

Date: 1871 after

Description: Six billiard tables in a large room with high ceilings at the Park Hotel on Carroll Street. Benches and chairs line the back wall, and large windows are al...

Photograph

Old Welsh Church

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across graveyard of the Old Welsh Church. The Jenkins family tombstones are in the foreground. Separating the cemetery from the church is a wooden fen...

Photograph

U.S. Sugar Company

Date: 1924 ca.

Description: Two women standing on path in front of the Garver Feed Mill, which was originally a sugar beet processing factory.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.