.

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Hillsboro.

Date: 1909 

Description: This map shows Duluth, Minnesota and Superior, Wisconsin, and portions of Saint Louis County, Minnesota and Douglas County, Wisconsin. Water depth is shown...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Outdoor portrait of two unidentified girls posing standing on a wooden walk way in a yard. They are wearing light-colored short dresses, dark stockings and...

Photograph

The Jefferson House

Date: 1962-07-21 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Jefferson House, in business as a hotel since 1837. Several advertisements are posted on the hotel, along with a poster portrait of th...

Photograph

Episcopal Church

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Episcopal Church with surrounding wire fence and trees.

Date: 1957-04-08 

Description: Exterior view of G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) Memorial Hall at 118 Monona Avenue (Martin Luther King Boulevard). The building was three windows wide...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Morris-Jumel Mansion which served, at different times, as headquarters to both forces during the Revolutionary war. This view of Wash...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: A large group of Russians conducting a religious parade through a town. The men in the group are carrying the iconography.

Date: 1886-09 

Description: This map shows buildings with dimensions, as well as lot and block corners. Ink on tracing cloth. Oriented with north to the lower right.

Date: 2004 

Description: The Haddys are famous in local dirt track racing. Their son, Tim, kneels in front of a sprint car.

Date:  

Description: A vintage view and a modern view of the railroad crossing on East Wilson Street, presented as a pair. The vintage view shows the East Madison Chicago, Milw...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Museum in the winter months. Formerly the home of Edgar Sawyer. The home was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924.

Date: 1930 

Description: This map shows the state trunk highway system and county trunk highways. This map show surface type on state and county trunk highways and the locations of...

Date:  

Description: Man wearing a fur coat, a woman wrapped in a blanket, and other individuals bundled for warmth on a winter day. In front of the millenary shop of Miss Finc...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: The Ruins of the old Light House on Plum Island near Sturgeon Bay.

Date: 1935 

Description: This map is a photocopy and shows landownership and acreages, additions to Green Bay, points of interest, roads, and railroads. Hand annotations of green,...

Date:  ca.

Description: A view of the engine, with four men posing on it, one in front and three in the back. It is parked in an empty lot, with a house to the left. This struct...

Photograph

The Iron Block

Date: 1890 before

Description: Stereograph; caption on the image is incorrect as to the street locations. Actually located at the intersection of North Water Street and East Wisconsin A...

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1916-10-10 

Description: View from distance of Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) dome burning on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Smoke is billowing out from the building...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Sheboygan Public Library in winter. The library opened in 1903. Reverse of the cardboard backing reads: "est 1897, Carnegie bldg, 1903...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.