1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1898 

Description: Mrs. Nina Dousman with children and house party guests in the dining room at Villa Louis.

Date: 1823 

Description: British evacuation of their fort at Prairie du Chien after the end of the War of 1812. Fort Shelby, the first fort at Prairie du Chien, was built in 1814 b...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins. This image may be even earlier than 1875; by the 1880's almost nothing was left of the actual fort compound buildings.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 

Description: Illustration of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Photograph

Villa Louis Porch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: The Dousman family and friends on the east porch of Villa Louis.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.