1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date:  

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Appeal of the Legionary to Caesar Augustus", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the east wal...

Date: 1956 

Description: Cover for the 1956 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some white flowers with green leaves, a lake, and some birds flying in t...

Date:  

Description: Left panel of the Wisconsin History Centennial mural by William A. McCloy. Assuming a prominent place is Robert M. La Follette, Sr. He is standing in fro...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A depiction of the Yellowstone Church of rural Lafayette County, just a few miles from the Kammerude farm. The church is built from locally quarried limest...

Painting

A Winter Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: On the right, the farmer in his sheepskin coat drives a horsedrawn sled loaded with milk cans to the cheese factory. A blanket is covering the cans to prev...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Exterior view of building with horse and carriage in foreground. Holzlhuber occupied the position of organist and choirmaster in this Jewish Synagogue.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Painting

Haying Time

Date:  date unknown

Description: A farm boy rides the "hay-fork horse" as the farmer loads hay into the barn during haying time in July.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1969 

Description: Cover for the 1969 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a tree with white blossoms, yellow flowers, and a pathway leading up to a...

Date: 1973 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a river cascading over rocks, and some trees in the foreground. The Wisconsin...

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.