1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1926 

Description: 16 Langdon Street, thought to have been built in 1867 for George Gardner. From 1896 to 1907 it served as the residence of attorney Henry Sheldon and Shepa...

Date: 1932-08-13 

Description: A "RKO Greater Show Season" truck with signs promoting a show at the RKO Orpheum theater, a calliope and two men sitting on top, leads a parade of automobi...

Photograph

East Wilson Street

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: 631-635 East Wilson Street. The far right building is an office for Roy's Transfer and Storage Company.

Photograph

Lake Mendota

Date: 1947 

Description: Lake Mendota, looking across University Bay from Willow Drive. The Wisconsin State Capitol is visible in the background.

Photograph

Parade of Homes

Date: 1955 

Description: Aerial view of Midvale neighborhood under construction near Madison's southwestern city limits. Image is focused on the area bounded by Tokay Boulevard, M...

Date: 1902 

Description: View across mowed field of two University of Wisconsin professors residences. On the left is the residence of Professor Harry L. Russell and to the right i...

Date: 1951 

Description: Interior view of a house at 524 North Henry Street, showing the first floor stairway down to the lower level.

Photograph

Rubbish Pile

Date: 1953-09-29 

Description: Rubbish pile in front of house in the vicinity of the 1000 block of West Dayton Street and 200 block of North Mills Street.

Date: 1911 

Description: Streetcar and crew of the Madison City Railways Company. The streetcar number is #50 and the route sign says Wingra Park.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Photograph

Lincoln Monument

Date: 1922 

Description: Side view of Lincoln Monument in front of Bascom Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A stone bench and paved walkway curves around the stat...

Date: 1951 ca.

Description: Porch on the Vilas house, 12 East Gilman Street, which later became the College Women's Club. The house was built in 1860 by Julian (or Julius) Clark, an E...

Photograph

Bascom Hill Walk

Date: 1926 

Description: View from the top of Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus of the tree-lined path and lampposts. South Hall is on the right.

Photograph

Kappa Alpha Theta

Date: 1921 before

Description: Sorority House at 823 Irving Place. After the sorority moved to its new house on Lakelawn Place, the University of Wisconsin-Madison took over this buildin...

Date: 1948 

Description: Aerial view of Camp Randall Stadium and Field House looking north on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus with Lake Mendota in the background.

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior of entrance to Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1949-07-24 

Description: Seventy-six derby car drivers march behind leader Frankie Meyers on East Gorham St. during the Soap Box Derby Parade of Youth.

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: Several people peer into a storefront window on Capitol Square. This window shopping is perhaps in preparation for the Christmas holiday.

Date:  date unknown

Description: One of four allegorical statuary groups, by sculptor Karl Bitter, on the exterior of the Wisconsin State Capitol. This one is named "Faith", and is above t...

Date: 1961 

Description: A Confederate Rest at the Forest Hill cemetery, showing the graves of Confederate soldiers who died at Camp Randall as prisoners of war in 1862. The men w...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.