1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Elevated view of people, horses, and wagons gathered in the center of Fountain City to celebrate McCormick Day. Scherer's Hotel is at left. The event was o...

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Long view of 10 members of a family in a large fenced yard. Behind them is a substantial two-story bracket style frame house with a widow's walk at the top...

Photograph

Ripon College

Date: 1851 after

Description: A view of a campus green space at Ripon College. A commemorative stone marker stands in the foreground with text that reads, "Rendezvous 1st Wis. Cav. Aug...

Date: 1876-03 

Description: Side view of the locomotive purchased by the Pine River and Stevens Point Railroad, being hauled over land from Lone Rock to Richland Center. In the backgr...

Date: 1863-05-23 

Description: Cartoon appearing in Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, Page 144. During the American Civil War (1861-1865), the Copperheads nominally favored th...

Date: 1836 

Description: Drawing of the Solomon Juneau house on East Michigan. There are tethered bears on either side of the front door. Two people lean on the fence, watching the...

Photograph

Threshing on Farm

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Threshing on the Henry Johnson farm. This threshing rig owned by Michael Ehlinger was the first to be used in the township. Standing on the separator from...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the front entrance to the castle. In front of the entrance, a man and woman sit on the steps leading to the castle.

Date: 1832 ca.

Description: Page from the handwritten index to Lapham's Notes and accounts of canals, particularly the Ohio Canal near Portsmouth, 1830-1832.

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Kee-o-kuck, or the Watching Fox, a Chief of the Sauk tribe and sucessor to Black Hawk. Hand-colored lithograph from the Aboriginal Portfolio, painted at t...

Photograph

Zeeland Mills

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Zeeland Mills, built in 1862 by John Verstegen. The flour mill was 36' x 50', four stories and had "two runs of stone." It was still operating in 1911.

Photograph

Main Street View

Date: 1892-06-01 

Description: View down Main Street featuring crowds of people near the Theatre Comique and other stores and offices.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Interior view of the lobby.

Map or Atlas

Oconomowoc Lake

Date: 1875 

Description: This manuscript map by Increase Lapham, drawn in the last year of his life, shows landownership, roads and railroads, springs, and boat houses around Ocono...

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: A man in work clothes operates a horse-drawn mower in a patch of grass along a waterfront, while another man wearing a hat and tie looks on. Ships, a dock,...

Photograph

Grand View Hotel

Date: 1872 after

Description: A view of the hotel, at 100 Jackson Street, built in 1872. It contains decorative brickwork around all street-side windows and on the pediment. The main...

Photograph

Fashionable Couples

Date: 1869 ca.

Description: Two well-dressed couples near wood fence in front of frame house with hipped roof.

Drawing

Iowa Falls

Date: 1866 

Description: An image from a sketchbook of the town of Iowa Falls. There is a fence in the foreground and buildings in the background.

Print

Luther Dixon

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Quarter-length portrait of Luther Swift Dixon at age 40.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Schoolhouse of District #5 in Pleasant Ridge built on land donated by Isaac Shepard. Both blacks and whites built, attended, and taught at the school. Peop...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.