1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Another view of Ludington Street.

Date: 2008 

Description: Located at 402 South Main Street, Henry E. Kochenderfer's service station, which opened in 1933, proudly dispensed Phillips 66 gasoline from three pumps o...

Date: 1924-08-21 ca.

Description: The H.L Roehrborn Grocery Store, located at N. 41st and W. Burleigh Street. The interior of the grocery store contains canned goods and bins of food on dis...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the city hall and the various buildings surrounding it.

Postcard

Park Avenue

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking south down Park Avenue. Houses line the right side of street, telephone and power poles line left side.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Unitarian Church, built in 1886, and parish hall added in 1911 (both demolished), 125 Wisconsin Avenue at East Dayton Street, with a corner of the Federal...

Date: 1911 

Description: This map shows plat of town, local streets, numbered lots, blocks, and wards, roads, Lake Menomin, Wilson Creek, Red Cedar River, and land ownership by nam...

Date: 1930 

Description: View of a wide path through trees in the spring or summer.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this image was made, the structure was occupied by Ben Schau...

Date: 1825-08-27 

Description: Map is ink on paper. Map shows plat of the town of Munnomunne, the Fox River, farm lots, and an established highway. The map is signed by "J.D. Doty, Propr...

Date:  

Description: Rocks placed to control the flow of Dale Creek. A house is visible in the background. This picture was likely taken as a study of the water drainage in ear...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across lawn of First Congregational Church. The view is perhaps taken from a park, which has trees and benches in the foreground.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view looking out across town buildings to a plain beyond. The Hill County Jail can be seen to the right of the main street; it was constructed in...

Photograph

Portage Canal

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Portage Canal, dug by hand in 1849 and completed in 1851. It was renovated by the Army Corps of Engineers after the Civil War.

Date: 1947 

Description: Aerial of University of Wisconsin-Madison campus with Camp Randall in the lower right corner and Lake Mendota.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Exterior of Saint Rose Roman Catholic School building.

Photograph

Executive Residence

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: The Executive Residence, 130 East Gilman Street. Used as Executive Residence from 1883-1950.

Date: 1933-12-07 

Description: Samuel E. Clement Co. grocery store, 2910 Atwood Avenue, at the corner of Marquette and Atwood Avenue.

Photograph

Razing City Hall

Date: 1954-08 

Description: Old City Hall being razed with a crane and wrecking ball.

Date: 1994-04 

Description: Shirley Widmer with Brenda Wilz and children, Chelsey and Logan, walking down middle of empty street.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.