1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An outdoor family portrait with a golf theme. Several members are sitting on a bench and the lawn, with a large house in the background. There are two dogs...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House, east elevation.

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse, a view from the river.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: French Cemetery. The Stone tombs are the graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elisabeth.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Interior view of the front hallway of Villa Louis.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of a statue of Marquette in the St. Mary's Academy Marquette Monument.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, showing ruins of the building of 1892-?). These are the ruins of the hospital.

Date: 1949-03-28 

Description: Aerial photograph of Prairie du Chien showing the Mississippi River in the upper portion of the picture.

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. Established in 1903, became a general hospital in the 1930s.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.