1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of the Roman Catholic community of St. Nazianz.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1891 

Description: A painting of the new (as of 1891) bridge over the Mississippi River in La Crosse. The bridge was built by the Clinton Bridge Co.

Date: 1862-05 

Description: Topeka, Kansas, when the 12th Wisconsin Volunteers came marching through the town on their way to Fort Riley, May 1863. Watercolor by John Gaddis of E Com...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Oil painting of a double row of willow trees on University Bay Drive. A trail winds between them. Boulders line the shore of Lake Mendota on the left. A tu...

Painting

Yahara River

Date: 1906 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River at Lake Monona.

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date: 1860 

Description: View of St. John's Catherdral with the original tower.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: From Ottawa City H√∂lzlhuber took a two-day hike with a couple of lumber dealers, staying in an isolated cabin overnight. They met a group of surveyors the...

Painting

Menasha Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: ". . . The upper Grand Chute was the last of the 'improvements' paintings signed by Brookes and Stevenson. Yet there were two more vital links in the Fox R...

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Painting

Gill's Rock

Date: 1938 

Description: Boat and dock.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1857 ca.

Description: A distant, elevated view of the city of Milwaukee and its shoreline. During the hot summer months, H√∂lzlhuber, took excursions on the water, many times bri...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.