1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10


Milton House Cabin

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1926 

Description: Brick band pavilion, with five steps leading to entrance, with shrubbery around the exterior, and some houses and trees in the background.


The Lappin Block

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: The Lappin block, Ed. Carpenter, proprietor. Businesses on this block include: Bort, Baily & Co., Dry Goods and Carpets; A.F. Hall & Co., "The Reliable Jew...


Beloit Hospital

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Beloit Hospital from an intersection. There are people sitting on a second floor balcony in a building on the corner. A person is riding a bicy...

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Exterior of First Congregational Church in winter.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Frame house on corner lot, with stone retaining wall.

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of an elevated view across a dam towards a factory on the Rock River. Dwellings are on the far bank on the right.


Bartlett Museum

Date: 1963 

Description: Front of the museum, with driveway. There is a antenna on the top of the museum.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: French Second Empire style, C. Loftus Martin House, 327 Milton Ave., built ca. 1868. Three children stand in yard. Richard Lloyd Jones was born in Janesvil...


Tallman House

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: View of the second parlor in the Tallman House.

View a pictorial review of the Wisconsin State Fair from 1851 when it began.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The home of Carrie Jacobs Bond.


Grand Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grand Hotel.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Beloit College Observatory.


Samuel Chase


Description: Seated carte-de-visite portrait of Sergeant Samuel Chase, Company F, 16th Wisconsin Infantry.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Music recital room at the State School for the Blind with seven rows of seating, a piano and cello. Adorning the front wall is the Latin phrase "Lux Oritur...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of the Presbyterian church.

Date: 2008 

Description: Standard Oil Company constructed this brick super-service station in 1930 at 101 North Franklin Street. Its Spanish Colonial-style details include decorati...

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view of the exterior of the New West Side Catholic Church. There are two entrances in the front.

Date: 1860 

Description: Advertisement for plows, cultivators, harrows, corn planters, mowers, rakes, sulkies and gangs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: