1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Milton House Inn

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Map or Atlas

Map of Beloit

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: This colorful map of Beloit shows roads, railroads, rivers, creeks, business districts, industrial areas, and parks and recreation areas. The map includes...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Interior view of Beloit First Congregational Church with organ and altar.

Photograph

Rebuilt Canuck

Date: 1928-08-31 

Description: Horace Hill, Pete Brandenberg, and unidentified children at the Beloit Airport with a Canuck airplane rebuilt by Allen Loveland. Surplus Canucks, as the Cu...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee in the foregroun...

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: View of exterior of Tallman House.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: French Second Empire style, C. Loftus Martin House, 327 Milton Ave., built ca. 1868. Three children stand in yard. Richard Lloyd Jones was born in Janesvil...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Beloit Public Library. There are reading tables with large lamps, bentwood chairs, and bookshelves throughout the room.

Book or Pamphlet

Lost Camera Sign

Date: 1903 

Description: Sign posted on a fence announcing a lost camera near the town of Prairie du Sac and requesting its return to Herbert Fowler.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Union veterans, some holding a banner reading "Iron Brigade," marching on a downtown street in a parade during a state encampment.

Photograph

All Souls Church

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: Formerly on the corner of Court and South Bluff Streets, the All Souls Church was later converted into a "flat building".

Date: 1800 after

Description: This map on two sheets shows a group of ancient mounds near the southeast corner of the city of Beloit and a group of ancient mounds north of Rockton Stati...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Front view of the Van Pool Brothers office, where the Master Builders' Association of Wisconsin was founded.

Date: 1909-07-17 

Description: Field trip to Emma Willard's home near Janesville by the 18th annual convention of the Loyal Temperance League of Wisconsin. The sign on one of the wagons...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Parker Pen Company, with a three-quarter view of the company building, with people walking on the sidewalk, and a streetcar, automobiles,...

Photograph

Evans House

Date: 1977 

Description: Southeast view of the Evans house at 104 West Main Street with the Campbell-Willoughby house, at 44 West Main Street, in the foreground. The Evans house wa...

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Pedestrians in shopping district. Cars are parked and a streetcar is coming down the street.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Middle College building, Beloit College.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Natural Phosphate Company, with an illustration of the mechanical dryer plant and a roundel with an outline of the state of Wisconsin tha...

Date: 1919 

Description: Advertisement for the Townsend Oil Tractor featuring an illustration of a man using a telescope to watch another man rake in a pile of money. The headline...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.