1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Little Manitou Falls on the Black River. Referred to as the "upper falls" in the park. This waterfall has a drop of some thirty feet. The park was named fo...

Date: 1856-01 

Description: This map shows lots, lots appropriated for churches and schools, streets, parks, court house, and land to be appropriated for railroad depots. An inset map...

Photograph

Obey and Mondale

Date:  date unknown

Description: Walter (Fritz) Mondale and David Obey have a conversation at the Better Way Club.

Photograph

Rabbi Alex Hyatt

Date: 1977-02 

Description: Rabbi Alex Hyatt poses next to an framed portrait of a man with a white beard who is possibly also a rabbi.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Date: 1922 

Description: Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey soil map of Wisconsin supplemented by promotional materials about the County's prospects, schools and agric...

Photograph

Bardon Residence

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Richard Bardon residence, with a man standing in front of it.

Photograph

Public Order No. 1

Date: 1862-08-31 

Description: Photograph of a printed broadside, Public Order No. 1., issued by The Committee of Safety. The first order appears to be addressing some kind of dangerous...

Photograph

Superior Depot

Date: 1939-09-10 

Description: View down railroad tracks towards the Central Avenue depot and the railroad crossing.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Big Manitou Falls on the Black River. It is referred to as the "lower falls" in the park. This 165-foot waterfall is recognized as the highest in the state...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Webster Manufacturing Company, with an elevated view of the company complex on the left, and a single rocking chair on the right.

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Black and white postcard of Cedar Island Lodge, located on the Brule River, owned by Henry Clay Pierce, businessman and financier. It was dubbed the Summer...

Photograph

Bong P-38 Memorial

Date: 1950 

Description: An early view of the Richard Ira Bong Memorial - a P-38, although not a plane that Bong himself flew. The plane was acquired from the Air Force by the loca...

Date: 1953 

Description: "Compliments of the Douglas County Highway Department"--Top margin. Shows federal highways, state trunk highways, county highways, town roads, unimproved...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the chapel in St. Joseph Orphan Home.

Date: 1928 

Description: President Calvin Coolidge fishing at Cedar Island Lodge, rustic lodge of Henry C. Pierce, 35 miles from Superior, Wisconsin, on the Brule River. This lodge...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Waist-up studio portrait of an unidentified European American woman posed sitting in a chair with a tasseled back. She is wearing a light-colored dress wit...

Photograph

Davidson Feed Mill

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Davidson Feed Mill near the Amnicon River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Front cover and Milk Bar flap from the menu at the Hotel Superior Badger Room, with the name of the hotel set against a circular backdrop and a three-quart...

Photograph

Bong Memorial

Date: 1965 ca.

Description: A view of the Bong Memorial, dedicated to the memory of World War II air ace Major Richard I. Bong. This P-38 is the type of plane he piloted when he shot...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.