1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mural within the Wisconsin State Capitol depicting two women as "The seeker of knowledge at the shrine of wisdom".

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1945-10 

Description: Photograph of painted portrait of Joseph McCarthy.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Holzlhuber's first extensive excursion in Wisconsin was a walking tour from Madison to Prairie du Sac along the Wisconsin River. He lost his way along Lake...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

Eben Peck Cabin

Date: 1891 ca.

Description: The Eben Peck cabin, the first house in Madison, Wisconsin, was built in June, 1837. In 1891 young Isabella Dengel (1878-1904) based this painting of the c...

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: A watercolor of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. This panel displays the history of Wisconsin exploration, mos...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.