1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1880 after

Description: A view of Sacred Heart College and the surrounding landscape. Each dormer window has a cross on its peak and the center of the building has a bell tower.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery, showing grave of Alice Trewe. Calvary Cemetery is in the background.

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: A view of the offices of the American Fur Company.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Date:  

Description: Rev. Alfred Brunson's home, which was brought in pieces by flat boat from Meadville, Pennsylvania, via St. Louis in 1836. The construction and arrangement...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Date: 1900 

Description: Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1929-01-15 

Description: Intended for tourists, this brochure, titled: "Winneshiek World’s Famous Wild Life Refuge Historic Fort Crawford and Picturesque Prairie du Chien", feature...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. The American Fur Company, which had been organized by John Jacob Astor i...

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. Established in 1903, became a general hospital in the 1930s.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An outdoor family portrait with a golf theme. Several members are sitting on a bench and the lawn, with a large house in the background. There are two dogs...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad pontoon bridge between Marquette, Iowa, and Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.