1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

Photograph

Cottage Community

Date: 1971 ca.

Description: A cottage and trailer house community along a river. A Schlitz beer advertising is nailed to a tree and reads, "Move up to Quality / Schlitz / The Beer Tha...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house.

Map or Atlas

Railroad Plan

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Railroad plan of Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1911-10-19 

Description: Pilot Hugh Robinson and his Curtiss hydroplane at Prairie du Chien during a flight that was intended to be the first all the way down the Mississippi River...

Date:  

Description: The sidewheel excursion, "Saint Paul" of the Jo Packet Line, near the Dousman House, the "Senator".

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Villa Louis, also known as Dousman Mansion, in an aerial view.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of the east lawn at Villa Louis. The house and office building can be seen at right.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of the pile-pontoon railroad bridge across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The bridge was built and patented by John Lawler in 187...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated panoramic view of the west lawn at Villa Louis. Several trees and shrubs, a flag pole, and a swimming hole can be seen in the yard. A pontoon rail...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Last of the m & m railroaders

Date: 1923-9-23

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Photograph

Zephyr Locomotive

Date:  date unknown

Description: The diesel-powered Zephyr passenger train of the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad on the tracks at the depot. The Zephyr was introduced at the Chicago...

Date: 1859 

Description: Steam-powered car designed to run on ice across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The LADY FRANKLIN made one successful trip across, but wa...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.