1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1870 

Description: Although the first European settlement in Jefferson was in 1836, the Village of Jefferson was first incorporated as a city in 1878. Made eight years earlie...

Photograph

Willow Basket

Date: 1899-05 

Description: View of William Krueger sitting on a bench next to the house, weaving a willow basket and smoking a pipe. In the background is a pedal grinding/sharpening...

Date: 1893 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Jefferson, looking north. Crayfish River at left and center, Rock River from upper center to bottom center, joins at left of center; thir...

Date: 1899-08-15 

Description: Three Kuckkahn Brothers stand and sit on their Altman-Taylor Engine, Separator, and Threshing Rig.

Photograph

Watertown

Date: 1842 

Description: A view across the river of several residences.

Date: 1899-05 

Description: View of William Krueger's house across the road from the Krueger farm.

Date: 1872 after

Description: The main entrance and side of a campus building at Sacred Heart College. The structure appears to be made of several parts and additions, seen on the left...

Photograph

Faville Homestead

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Faville home, built about 1850 on 120 acres bought from the government in 1844. As late as 1922 the home was still in the Faville family. The additions...

Date: 1878 

Description: Engraving of Ocatagon House, the residence of Mrs. Eliza Richards. Several trees dot the landscape and other buildings can be seen in the distance at right...

Photograph

William Krueger

Date: 1899 

Description: Portrait of William Krueger holding a book in his lap and holding a pair of eyeglasses. Behind him, a long pipe rests against a table on which sits a box,...

Photograph

Aztalan Church

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Aztalan church, built in 1852.

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird’s-eye view map. "Looking north east." Indexed for points of interest. Shows homes, businesses, and the Bark and Rock River. Streets running west to ea...

Date: 1879 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Lake Mills.

Photograph

Lower Main Street

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: View of lower Main Street lined with electric power lines and storefronts.

Drawing

Octagon House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Drawing of the Octagon House with a horse and carriage in the foreground.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: View of Fort Howard taken from Elmore and Kelly's Elevator with the dam and river. A tugboat is in the river above the dam.

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Richards octagon house.

Date: 1898 after

Description: Four girls stand behind a small child in a stroller while posing around Lewis Fountain in Veteran's Park. Houses and the Civil War Veteran's Memorial are...

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Richards Octagon house.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.