1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1952-07-20 

Description: Fifteen derby boys and four adults from Mineral Point who came to Madison for the Madison Soap Box Derby stand in front of their school bus. Larry Laverty,...

Photograph

Piper Brothers Farm

Date: 1932-03-04 

Description: Piper Brothers farm scene, 4718 Odana Road near Midvale.

Date: 1930-11-05 

Description: A new J.B. Drives Fuel Company dump truck made by Diamond T waits for a load at 303 S. Patterson Street.

Photograph

AAA Display Window

Date: 1939-03-28 

Description: American Automobile Association display window showing Wisconsin travel brochures and pictures of tourist destinations around the state.

Date: 1958 

Description: Two Harley-Davidson motorcycles belonging to Lewis Arms and Charlie Caldwell are parked on the corner of Olin Avenue and Park Street at a gas/service stati...

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: View of the old Madison Post Office with a streetcar stopped in front of the building.

Date: 1928-11-06 

Description: A worker uses an air hammer with compressor truck to do work on the road in the 800 block of University Avenue, looking west.

Date: 1914 

Description: Armory (Red Gym or Old Red) on Langdon Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Lake Mendota is in the background.

Photograph

City Car Company

Date: 1933-10-13 

Description: A fleet of cars is lined up in front of City Car Company Cab Service located at 214 East Washington Avenue. Building on the left became Paradise Printing,...

Date: 1936-05-14 

Description: Salesman standing beside new Ford car, parked beside the UW YMCA, 740 Langdon Street, with Harry Stuhldreher, University of Wisconsin-Madison football coac...

Date: 1954-08-02 

Description: Exterior view of the Pharo Heating Company building, 1302 Regent Street (corner of Orchard and Regent Streets).

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: This card which is postmarked 1912 shows the zinc statutes on the stone gateways near the sidewalk at Monona Avenue (now Martin Luther King Blvd). Original...

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1917 before

Description: Bascom Hall with dome (formerly Main Hall) from Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The Lincoln Monument is in front of the entrance...

Date: 1948-07-08 

Description: View from road of large stacks of boxes containing food and clothing on the lawn of Congregation Adas Jesurun temple at the corner of Mound and Murray Stre...

Date: 1948-04-10 

Description: Wisconsin's new racing shell, the Mendota, receives the champagne bottle from sponsor Mrs. Harry (Mary) Stuhldreher in the christening ceremony on t...

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Date: 1944-10-05 

Description: Four members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxillary, including Mrs. Hazel Miller, the national president, in a horse-drawn carriage in front of the Chic...

Date: 1946-07-18 

Description: The Madison Armature Part Company building (formerly the Wisconsin National Guard Armory), 17 Market Place. Photograph is taken from 101 North Blount Stree...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Night view with streetcars at the Capitol Square on Pinckney Street. Walzinger's Drugstore is one of the prominent storefronts on the left.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view from west of University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Agriculture on a hill on campus. Trees and a sidewalk run along the road on the right...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.