1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

The Trimpey Studios

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A view of the exterior of the Trimpey photographic studio and antique shop, 128 Fourth Street. The second story is set back, with a porch and flower boxes...

Photograph

Service Station

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A large sign identifies the Deep Rock service station at 132 Fifth Avenue. Another sign advertises "Kant-Nock" gasoline. There are large piles of snow lini...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Restaurant, with pine trees and a swing.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard view of a park in a central business district. There is a fountain, a statue, and benches along the walkway.

Date: 1870 

Description: Baraboo was first settled around 1838, and by 1870 it had become the county seat and the thriving village illustrated here. This birds eye drawing depicts...

Date: 1909 

Description: Elevated view of the Baraboo River. The main part of town is on the far left shoreline. On the right industrial buildings are near a bridge spanning the ri...

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the interior of Ryan Hickethier & Co., a "Sears Associated Store" 132 Fourth Avenue. Kenmore appliances, Silvertone radios, and floor swee...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Al. Ringling Theatre's auditorium and stage from a rear box. View includes a painted theater curtain and shows the auditorium's state before resto...

Photograph

McFetridge House

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Tudor Style stone and stucco home of E.P. McFetridge, president of the Island Woolen Mill Company.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: ,Well-dressed young couples sit in the foreground while in the background is a picket fence running along a busy road with horse and buggy traffic. Further...

Photograph

The Farm Kitchen

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A barn, windmill and shed on the grounds of The Farm Kitchen, a restaurant near Baraboo and Devil's Lake State Park. Stones line a parking area, and a swin...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: An unidentified young woman in old-fashioned dress holds flowers as she stands in front of entrance of the Trimpey house at 719 Oak Street.

Photograph

Factory on River

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View across river of a large mill or factory complex, possibly the Island Woolen Mill. In front of the mill is a roofed boathouse, with a canoe hanging fro...

Photograph

Gas Station

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A highly detailed, brick, storybook style Pennsylvania Oil Co. gas station with a slate roof. There is a large chimney on the left and several gas pumps. M...

Photograph

Swimming Pool

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Children play in a large swimming pool with a stone changing house.

Photograph

Farm Supply Store

Date: 1937-09 

Description: An interior view of an unidentified farm supply store and International dealership, with banners advertising McCormick-Deering farm implements and tractors...

Postcard

Trinity Church

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Colored postcard of the exterior of the stone church. There are four crosses, one on the bell tower, and three others at the corners of the roof. Windows a...

Photograph

Trimpey House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior of the residence of Edwin B. and Alice Kent Trimpey, showing front entrance with columns, with a porch and plants above. A cat looks out the windo...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the entrance to Devil's Lake State Park. There is an information center offering gas, food, and Blatz beer. Two storekeepers and a boy sit on the p...

Photograph

The Gem Theatre

Date: 1916 

Description: Exterior view of entrance with displays of coming attractions and advertisements.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.