1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

View over Fox River

Date: 1889 

Description: View of Green Bay from the Fort Howard side of the Fox River.

Date: 1842 

Description: A Menominee village as depicted by Francois, Comte de Castelnau, a French naturalist and diplomat who visited the Green Bay area about 1838. The detailed,...

Date: 1832 ca.

Description: People work in the garden at the Protestant Episcopal Mission Buildings.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Jefferson Street south from Doty Street with trees lining the street.

Photograph

Inside Fort Howard

Date: 1853 after

Description: Stereograph of the interior of Fort Howard after its decommissioning in 1853.

Photograph

Baird House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the H.S. Baird house.

Date: 1889 

Description: Southwest view of the Fox River and the waterfront.

Photograph

Fort Howard

Date: 1851 

Description: A rare photograph of U.S. Army soldiers stationed at Fort Howard canoeing on the Fox River. Fort Howard, built in 1816, was the first in the chain of forts...

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Quarter plate Ambrotype of a brick structure, possibly in Green Bay, Wisconsin, housing the office of J.S. Baker, Land Agent. The building is three stories...

Date: 1857 ca.

Description: Green Bay Intelligencer Newspaper Office. This was the first newspaper published in Wisconsin. The building was on Main Street. This drawing appeared in...

Date: 1896 

Description: Railroad employees pose with locomotive engine no. 925 of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway. The engine has a long pilot, a large oil headlight, sm...

Photograph

Doty Office

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View of the J.D. Doty office. Doty served as agent for John Jacob Astor in promoting the village of Astor, later renamed Green Bay.

Date: 1842 

Description: This hand-colored lithograph of the second Fort Howard, with Indians canoeing on the Fox River, shows the hospital built 1834-1835 outside the stockade on...

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: View of Fox River and South Washington Street, from the top of St. Willobrord's Church.

Date: 1868 

Description: This map shows land ownership by name, lots, roads, railroads, and part of the Fox River. The map includes an explanation and table of witnesses to the cor...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.