1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: Several men pass through the locks at the Lake Mendota entrance to the Yahara River.

Photograph

Hotel Madison

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Hotel Madison, on the north corner of Capitol Square with a Madison Traction Company car in the foreground.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A lithograph of the Grace Episcopal Church with the Wisconsin State Capitol in the background.

Date: 1930-09-06 

Description: Banners and caricatures of the Marx Brothers adorn a streetcar advertising the film "Animal Crackers" at the RKO Capitol Theatre.

Date: 1898 

Description: Louis and Henry Harder and Mr. and Mrs. Schildhauer pose by a tree with their bicycles parked nearby. They were probably resting during a bicycle ride on M...

Date: 1957-10-09 

Description: View of the John Castle dairy farm, located off North Sherman Avenue near Darwin Road. The barn has its wall boards removed revealing a wood beam frame, a...

Photograph

Quaker Oats Barn

Date: 1945-10-08 

Description: A barn on the Quaker Oats farm on 4202 Monona Drive. A sign above the barn door reads: "Branch Warehouse of William Le[?] Warehouses, Public Bonded Warehou...

Date: 1934-05-05 

Description: Baron Brothers department store, 12-18 W. Mifflin Street, also known as the Mendota Building, and The Hub, 22-24 W. Mifflin Street, and H. Cushman shoes (p...

Date: 1928-06-01 

Description: Doty Street side of post office and courthouse nearly completed. Three automobiles parked at the curb in front of the building.

Date: 1927-06-03 

Description: Elevated view above State Street of the Capitol Theatre, with construction nearly completed.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: An elevated view of the Oscar Mayer plant.

Date: 1951-10-31 

Description: Elevated view of the 125 vehicles which were used in Wisconsin's first civil defense support battalion test in Madison. The vehicles were parked on Monona...

Photograph

School in Windsor

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the school in which Ella Wheeler Wilcox taught. It was destroyed by fire in July, 1926.

Photograph

Ann Emery Hall

Date: 1934 

Description: Ann Emery Hall, 260 Langdon Street. Built in 1930, this five-story brick independent women's dormatory was designed by Madison architect Frank S. Moulton...

Date: 1952-05-29 

Description: Madison Bank and Trust Company, 23 West Main Street; the F& W Grand Store (in the Levitan Building), 15 West Main Street; and the Walk-Over Shoe Store, 25...

Date: 1889 

Description: Group potrait posed in a horse-drawn carriage outside the David Atwood House, at 204 Monona Avenue. Caption on back of photograph reads: "Group of ladies i...

Date:  

Description: Residences and the Methodist Church located on the eastside of Wisconsin Avenue between Gorham and Johnson streets.

Date: 1975-05-04 

Description: An addition with a honeycomb look to a mausoleum at Forest hill Cemetery.

Date: 1920 

Description: Site of the first dairy school. University of Wisconsin-Madison. Men are working near a wagon parked in front of the building.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.