1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 

Description: Ruins of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Tomb in the U.S. Military cemetery.

Postcard

Black Hawk Tree

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Black Hawk Tree in Prairie du Chien Wisconsin. It was rumored that Chief Black Hawk hid within this tree to escape soldiers from Fort Crawford.

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Praire du Chien Sanitarium.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: French Cemetery. The Stone tombs are the graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elisabeth.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois Hotel, later part of Campion College.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A horse-drawn carriage pauses along a fence on the right side of a dirt road. Houses stand to the left.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: High School built in 1896. George Fairfield, President of the Board of Education.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Photograph

Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: This building was supposedly once used as a storage house for the Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View looking toward old Diamond Jo Warehouse, before the bridge was built.

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.