1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Architectural photographs of the restored opera houses of Wisconsin.

Date:  

Description: The staff of Hanifans' Flying School at Shullsburg where the enrollment during the 1950s was largely comprised of students on the G.I. Bill.

Date: 1925 

Description: Three-quarter view of left side and front of the the Wiota Butter and Cheese Company. A wooden flight of stairs leads up to the second floor entrance. Ther...

Photograph

Lumber Yard

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view across railroad tracks of a lumber yard. A two-story building on the right has a sign that says: "Lovejoy & Ringham". There are fences, a sto...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Front view of the Lafayette County courthouse.

Date: 1955 

Description: Building used as a lodging house for the First Territorial Legislature held in Belmont in 1836. West end and south side.

Learn more about the 1904 fire that destroyed the third Wisconsin State Capitol.

Photograph

Mayne Hotel

Date: 1925-08 

Description: A mower and car stand in front of the dilapidated Mayne Hotel. Two boys look at the camera from the right of the car as two men talk near a wagon and buggy...

Photograph

View Down Dirt Road

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View looking down a dirt road to Gratiot.

Photograph

Lead and Zinc Mines

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: View from road of lead and zinc mines and surrounding buildings.

Photograph

Corduroy Road

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Several old timbers are exposed on Mud Branch Road. A one-mile stretch of the road was originally constructed as a corduroy road because of "quick sand" in...

Photograph

City Hotel

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the City Hotel with a group of people posed near its entrance.

Date: 1925 

Description: View across lawn of exterior of the Catholic Church, a stone and brick building with stained glass windows. A man is walking down the tree-lined sidewalk o...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three men pose outside the First Wisconsin Capitol. The man standing in the middle is C.L. (Neal) Harrington.

Date: 1925 

Description: Ruins of the Old Mill, a stone building which has no roof and is missing window glass. Behind on the left is an abandoned shed.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard view of a central business district. On the left is a bank, and a "Place to Eat." Horses and buggies are further down the block.

Photograph

County Trunk F

Date: 1925 

Description: View down steep road with guard rail. A car appears to be parked on the side of the road on the right. Over the railing, there is a river and a town with a...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Building used as a lodging house for the First Territorial Legislature held in Belmont in 1836.

Photograph

Argyle Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from across street of a hotel with a brick facade. Many of the windows are open and the curtains are hanging out. There is a pedestrian walking on the...

Photograph

Toledo Scale

Date: 1928-05-22 

Description: Man weighing a box on a Toledo scale at the Belmont Creamery.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.