1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10


Mill Dam

Date: 1922 

Description: View of a mill dam's pond with open area and hills in the background.

Date: 1927 

Description: Two-story cottage with a built-in garage. There is a young vine over the roofed entrance, and a bench and potted plant near the garage door.

Date: 1925 

Description: Historic site marker to commemorate the first church in Baraboo. The inscription reads "The first church in Baraboo was erected on this lot by the Methodi...


Badger Ordnance

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the "powder storage area" of the Badger Ordnance Plant.


Description: View from the east bluff of lake with a motorboat. A geologic pinacle juts out from the lower left of the image.

Date: 1912-05-31 

Description: Workers maneuver a load of gravel into a concrete mixer at the plant on the east bank of the river. The east abutment is in the foreground, left.



Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A shoemaker in striped work jacket and a tie works on a machine in his shop.

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: Bill Frazier, an all-state basketball player for Reedsburg High School, visits with Lavalle Junior High School principal, Franklin Head with students Roger...

Date: 1931 

Description: Two employees standing along the storefront of an International Harvester dealership owned by the Schwartz Bros. The dealership sold McCormick-Deering farm...



Date: 1960-05-29 ca.

Description: A homemade, sack-head scarecrow stands in a small garden.

Date: 1912-10-17 

Description: A crowd gathers for the laying of the cornerstone of the Hon. J.S. Tripp Library and Hall. J. Stephen Tripp was a pioneer in Prairie du Sac, a lawyer, and...

Date: 1876-07 ca.

Description: A camping party rests at the top of a bluff at Devil's Lake State Park.


Description: A woman working in the library at Hillside Home school, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.


Wellington Hotel

Date: 1932 

Description: View from across street of the Wellingon Hotel and Cafe at 142 Fourth Avenue. A portion of the Al. Ringling Theatre is on the right; the Methodist Church i...

Date: 1913-06-13 

Description: A view, from the west, of the quarry on Blackhawk Bluff. Gravel from the quarry was used in concrete for the construction of the power plant and dam.

Date: 1922 

Description: View along side of bridge over the Wisconsin River, built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden one when it became condemned.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Music of Yesterday exhibit at House on the Rock was used in a brochure. The exhibit is "Presenting the magnificent machines of a magnificent era, 1765...

Date: 1928 

Description: Pilgrims gathered outside the shrine. Many of the people are sitting on the ground among the tree. There are banners hanging in front of the stone chapel.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: This 1915 map covers the section of the Wisconsin River in southern Adams, southeastern Juneau, northeastern Sauk, and northwestern Columbia counties. A po...

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: View of Water Street looking north from the business district.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: