1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1928 

Description: President Calvin Coolidge fishing at Cedar Island Lodge, rustic lodge of Henry C. Pierce, 35 miles from Superior, Wisconsin, on the Brule River. This lodge...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of birch trees on the...

Learn the inside story of the Teasdale Vice Committee Investigation of 1913 in Wisconsin and their crusade against "social evil."

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Illustrated view of Superior.

Photograph

Public Order No. 1

Date: 1862-08-31 

Description: Photograph of a printed broadside, Public Order No. 1., issued by The Committee of Safety. The first order appears to be addressing some kind of dangerous...

Date: 1929 

Description: Exterior view of the main building of the Superior State Teachers' College.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Big Manitou Falls on the Black River. This waterfall reportedly was called "Gitchee Monido" by the Ojibwa, which means "Falls of the Great Spirit."

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date: 1934-08 

Description: Building at the Tri-State Fair, outside of which a white pine tree dying from white pine blister rust is displayed.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of Minnesota Point Lighthouse.

Date: 1962 

Description: Relles family portrait, from left: George, Ida Banon Relles, David, Rabbi Mayer Relles, Nathan.

Date: 1891 ca.

Description: This colorful map shows additions, railroads, docks, streets, established dock lines, marshes, and proposed belt line railroad. The map covers west and sou...

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of a wooden bridge over the Brule River flowing through the forest. A person is visible on the far side of the bridge. The text below re...

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, sold lots, established dock lines, docks, slips, railroads, industrial buildings, streets, and the St. Louis Bay.

Photograph

Arrowhead Bridge

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the Arrowhead Bridge at the Duluth-Superior Harbor.

Photograph

Davidson Feed Mill

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Davidson Feed Mill near the Amnicon River.

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: "Mexican Room" at the Bellwood. The room has many chairs, tables and lamps, and a brick fireplace is on the left. Three plants in a holder stand in front o...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Webster Manufacturing Company, with an elevated view of the company complex on the left, and a single rocking chair on the right.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of a house built around 1855 which served as a hardware store and a home.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.