1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1958 

Description: An aerial view of town.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: Tombstone of Jean Joseph Rolette, first agent of the American Fur Company at this post, in the French Cemetery.

Photograph

Beaumont Memorial

Date: 1931-08 

Description: The Beaumont memorial marker on the site of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Along the River

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a river and surrounding landscape, taken from a high vantage point. In the foreground are a series of wooden structures, possibly homes and outb...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date:  

Description: Rev. Alfred Brunson's home, which was brought in pieces by flat boat from Meadville, Pennsylvania, via St. Louis in 1836. The construction and arrangement...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: High School built in 1896. George Fairfield, President of the Board of Education.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 

Description: Fort Crawford, a view of the ruins of the hospital building.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff street looking west.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the interior of St. Gabriel's Church.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.