1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Property Record

201 W BLACKHAWK AVE

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Commercial Hotel

Reference Number: 3914

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Property Record

601 S BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: St. Mary's Institute

Reference Number: 3906

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Property Record

202 - 204 W. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147483

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Newspaper Article/Clipping

History of Prairie du Chien

Date: 1863-1-20

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Property Record

c. 118 E. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147509

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of an artesian well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). Construction was com...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Property Record

119-125 E Blackhawk Ave

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Poehler Block

Reference Number: 147519

Date: 1870 

Description: Stereograph of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.