1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1922-6-11

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the east terrace at Villa Louis. The Dousman's office building is in the background. Relaxing near the home are Louis DeVierville Dousman, Judith D...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Log Steering

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across water towards two paddle-wheel boats steering logs into a neat, square formation. The boat in the foreground bears the name "Georgie S." Bluffs...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A bow view of the "Sidney". Later named "Washington".

Date: 1911-10-19 

Description: A crowd gathered on the Mississippi River shoreline near Prairie du Chien. They are watching pioneer aviator Hugh Robinson taxi his Curtiss flying boat.

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, said to be the remains of a five story grain elevator.

Photograph

Buggy Ride

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man and two women pose in a four seat buggy. They are wearing suits, dresses and hats. Buildings and a fence appear in the background.

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows blocks, lots, subdivisions, city wards, buildings, some landownership, and the Mississippi River. The map margins include business...

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.