1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Harry Elsworth Cole

Date: 1916 ca.

Description: Quarter-length studio portrait of Harry Elsworth Cole (1861-1928), founder and first president of the Sauk County Historical Society, also president of the...

Date: 1936-08-25 

Description: The "House of David" traveling baseball team advertisement for an upcoming game.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Barn used by the Ringling Brothers to store circus equipment during the winter.

Photograph

Oil Lamp

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: An old oil lamp with a cut cased glass font and a cast metal base in the form of a cavalier.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called Tomahawk Rock in Devil's Lake State Park. Foliage can be seen below. The lake, bluffs, trees and sky are vi...

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: A deteriorating mining building seen from across a field.

Date: 1913-11-01 

Description: A view from the hill, looking northeast at the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam. Much of the brickwork has been completed. Concrete forms for the lo...

Photograph

Winding Farm Road

Date: 1967-09 

Description: View from below of a long, dirt road winding along a hill that leads up to a farm. A small tree grows in the foreground.

Photograph

Third Grade Class

Date:  

Description: The third grade class at Hillside Home School, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Ringling Brothers circus stored equipment in these buildings during the winter. Two cars are parked outside an auto repair and moving store.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view looking through the shop windows of the Fredie P. Wirth Lamp Shop. This image was used in the original brochure for the House on the Rock.

Date:  

Description: The old library at Hillside Home School, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: City Hall and Library Building, Prairie du Sac, WI.

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Photograph

Reed Memorial

Date: 1925-06 

Description: View of the Reed Memorial monument.

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: View within the coffer dam showing four steel draft tubes; wooden supports are visible inside one of the tubes.

Date: 1975 

Description: This 1975 map of Sauk County, Wisconsin, lists and locates historic sites and other points of interest in the county.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Two men and a woman pose in front of the L.C. Welch Plumbing and Heating store, 137 Third Avenue. There are signs advertising Maytag and Shellane, "compres...

Date:  

Description: A Mills Violano Virtuoso adds frets and strings to violins. This image was used in the original House on the Rock brochure.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the China Imports storefront at The House on the Rock.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.