1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Four generations of women pose in the corner of a room. They include (left to right): Grandmother Klause, mother Ida Klause Miller, Great-Grandmother Wolf,...

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Date: 1881 

Description: Ink, watercolor, and pencil on paper. Top of the map reads: "NORTHERN OUTLET MENASHA MEANDER LINES Scale 132ft 1 INCH Var S.E. Survey Completed Spet. 23 18...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: View from Oshkosh Avenue with the Pluswood factory in the distance.

Photograph

EAA Acrobatics

Date: 1983-08 

Description: A performance by the Earl Cherry acrobatic team at the EAA Convention and Fly-in.

Photograph

St. Mary's Church

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: An interior view of St. Mary's Church. St. Mary's Parish was created because of the great flow of immigrants to Oshkosh. The first parish in Oshkosh St. Pe...

Photograph

La Sure's

Date: 2004-11-12 

Description: The fish fry group outside of La Sure's. The signboard advertises today's special, fish fry.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: An elevated view of the town and river.

Photograph

The Old Stone Barn

Date: 1963-09-30 

Description: The "old stone barn" built by the Reeds as early settlers, now used by a member of the city police department as a family residence.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Group portrait of delegates to the meeting of the Eastern District Norwegian Synod, held at the Immanuel Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church, May 31-June...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Locomotive No. 75. Class H. Built 1850 by Schnectady Locomotive Works. Men are posed on and around the locomotive.

Date: 1888 ca.

Description: Construction workers at the site of the new city hall. William Waters, architect.

Date: 1930 

Description: View across grounds of the Winnebago County Asylum farm buildings, including a large barn with weather vanes on top of gable vents. In the foreground is a...

Photograph

Oshkosh Sign

Date:  date unknown

Description: Sign above the main entrance of the Oshkosh Brewing Company, which uses an illustration of Chief Oshkosh as part of its logo. The sign was installed there...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of the S.A. Cook Armory Company, no. 1.

Date: 1930 before

Description: View over fence of a man wearing a hat using a tilling tool in a garden presumably belonging to the Winnebago County Asylum farm.

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: The Wolf River House. The advertisement reads: "The Wolf River House; Hunters' and Fishermen's Resort; Rates $1.50 per day - $9.00 per week; Special Rates...

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Signs on building read: "Old Partner Tobacco"; "Wisconsin Bag & Burlap Co."; "M. Burstein [ ] and Associates Paper Stock".

Photograph

Ice and Coal Wagon

Date: 1926-09-20 

Description: Oshkosh Pure Ice and Coal Co. horse-drawn wagon. Note on back: Near Oregon & 11st. #2, camera set pointing in an easterly direction and 26 ft. 4 in. west f...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Schmit Brothers Trunk Company of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, manufacturers of "Trunks, Traveling Bags and Valises." Features a background image o...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.