1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of Grace Episcopal Church from West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1945-01-19 

Description: Edgewood fence along Wingra Drive entrance, which had been opened to the public after closing by the Dominican Sisters of Edgewood Academy. Shown is the ro...

Date: 1949-01-06 

Description: Five fire fighters, Kendall Niebuhr, William J. Sullivan, John G. Randall, Chief Edward J. Page, and Gill S. Stone, pose with newly customized rescue truck...

Date:  ca.

Description: Standard Seed Company located at 732 Williamson Street, built in 1898. The company moved to 653 West Washington Avenue in 1940.

Date: 1955-04-01 

Description: Exterior view of the Union Corners Shell Oil Station, 2601 East Washington Avenue at Milwaukee Street, viewed from across Milwaukee Street. The view includ...

Date: 1949-09-15 

Description: The Grady Fuel Company, 218 Corry Street, buildings, with the company trucks parked on the street.


Gustav Bohstedt

Date: 1947-03-07 

Description: Prof. Gustav Bohstedt, University of Wisconsin Animal Husbandry professor, seated in his automobile. He was chosen as a courteous driver in the AAA campai...


Bascom Hill

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View up Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) is at the top of the hill.


Lake Mendota Drive

Date: 1906 

Description: View of Lake Mendota Drive at the foot of Stevens Hill.

Date: 1950-05-30 

Description: Left to right are: Don Spring, 13-year-old Soap Box Derby racer; his dad, Fireman A.E. Spring; and Lieut. Wilson H. Donkle, chairman of the fireman's Soap...

Date: 1945-06-25 

Description: Large group of boys on pier at YMCA Camp Wakanda on Lake Mendota.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye map of Madison. The Lakeside House resort is in the foreground, which burned in 1877, in what is now Olin Park.

Date: 1908 

Description: General design for future construction development of the University of Madison campus with the general view of the campus by the Architectural commission.

Date: 1947-06-05 

Description: Jane and Jone Johnson, daughters of Mr. and Mrs. Lester Johnson of Black River Falls, on the bridge over the lagoon at Vilas Park.

Date: 1916 before

Description: View from the terrace of the Wisconsin State Historical Society. Snow covers the area, and a horse pulling a sled is in the lower left on Langdon Street....


Music Hall

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View across Park Street of Music Hall and Library on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Chadbourne Hall is on the left.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View from Lake Mendota of buildings on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The boathouse, Armory (later the Red Gym or Old Red), and Science Hall c...

Date: 1953-09-19 

Description: DeSoto V8 Firedome automobile taken for Schappe Motors, 801 East Washington Avenue. Monona Bay is in the background.

Map or Atlas

Sanborn Map

Date: 1892-03 

Description: Detail map including West Washington Avenue, West Main Street, West Wilson Street, and North and South Bedford Streets. Includes the Chicago, Milwaukee & S...

Date: 1948-10-07 

Description: People involved in the Earl Warren United States vice-presidential campaign standing in front of the campaign train shortly after its arrival at the railro...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: