1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Howard hospital marker, "this building formerly stood with the surgeons quarters and the powder amagazine by the river outside the stockade..."

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Seven men hold the original flag from Perry's Victory. The men stand on the flagship "Niagara" to celebrate the centennial of the victory. The men are (lef...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: East Green Bay harbor with cargo ships, W.W. Cagill Co., and other various industries.

Photograph

Baird Law Office

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: View of the Baird law office, removed from its original location to the lawn of the Brown County Court House.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View of the front of the annex, prior to restoration.

Date: 1959-06-08 

Description: Exterior view of Noel's Bait and Sport Shop with cars parked in the lot in front of the building. Fishing nets can be seen on display in the window. The bu...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Interior of the cottage with a rocking chair, a woodstove, a painting on the wall, and a spinning wheel on the left. The floor is wooden, and the wallpape...

Photograph

Astor Bank

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of the Astor Bank vault, built by John Jacob Astor in Green Bay.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map shows the location of planned blocks and lot numbers, street names, and docks along the Fox River and canal.

Date: 1907 

Description: Sanborn map of Green Bay including St. George and Main Streets.

Date:  

Description: Man on horse-drawn wagon loaded with sacks in front of Lee & Diebels Company.

Date:  ca.

Description: View of a church. Two men stand in front of the church with a picket fence running between the men and the church. The church was built in 1838, but was d...

Photograph

De Pere Depot

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: At the De Pere depot, the first train operated by the Milwaukee & Northern Railway. This train made its first run to Green Bay on June 25, 1873, and this p...

Photograph

Tank Cottage

Date: 1908 before

Description: View of the Tank cottage on its original site on the west side of the Fox River. The cottage was built in 1776 by Joseph Roi, a fur trader, who lived in it...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse, built in 1859.

Photograph

Cotton Residence

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View of the Captain John Cotton residence. Also known as "Beaupre", this Greek Revival style house was built in 1842 for Cotton, a retired U.S. Army office...

Photograph

Northern Building

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of Northern Building with cars parked on the road near street lamps.

Photograph

View of De Pere

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View over town looking east from the railroad station.

Date: 1965 

Description: This map shows landownership, acreages, and roads. The city of De Pere, the town of Hobart, and the Fox River are labeled. Inset maps showing Smits Subdivi...

Photograph

City Hall

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Artist's rendering of City Hall.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.