1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1897 

Description: Drawing depicting the Milwaukee Bank Riot of June 24, 1861. A large crowd is gathered outside the State Bank and Mitchell's Bank. A fire burns in the stree...

Date: 1908 

Description: General design for future construction development of the University of Madison campus with the general view of the campus by the Architectural commission.

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: An illustration of the William F. Vilas house, 12 East Gilman Street, later occupied by the American Association of University Women.

Drawing

Pendarvis House

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Cornish Pendarvis house on Shake Rag Street.

Drawing

Old Post Office

Date:  

Description: A drawing of the old Post Office on the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Mifflin Street.

Date: 1907 

Description: Bird's-eye view of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus looking northwest. Building at top of hill, to left of center is Bascom Hill (Main Hall) and...

Date: 1885 

Description: Wisconsin State Capitol surrounded by seven miniature drawings of Madison images.

Date: 1865 

Description: Bird's-eye view of New Glarus.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Architectural rendering. Chas A. Pear Architecture Service Co. Name of building is above the entrance.

Date: 1917 

Description: Proposed Union Religious Center for the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Cooperating bodies, January 1, 1917: Baptists, Congregationalists, Lutheran...

Drawing

Inmate Cottage

Date:  date unknown

Description: ARchitectural rendering of building at the Wisconsin Memorial Hospital. Arthur Peabody was the state architect.

Date: 1948 

Description: A red Wisconsin themed stamp design.

Date:  

Description: Log raft and paddle steamer on the mouth of the Black River. On the banks of the river, there are buildings of a town visible.

Date: 1889 

Description: The Illinois Central passenger depot.

Drawing

Water Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Drawing of North Water Street. Supplementary text reads: "THE STREET OF BEGINNINGS. An Indian trail, leading from the tamarack swamps to LeClair' little...

Drawing

St. Mary's Park

Date: 1885-08-07 

Description: House on rock outcropping. The house has two chimneys and is two stories high with porch at left, three windows on first story, one visible on second story...

Drawing

Harvey Hospital

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Harvey Hospital, or the Soldiers' Orphans Home. The main octagon section was the home of Governor Farwell, and the wing of wood was added in 1862 and used...

Drawing

De Pere House

Date: 1946 

Description: Pencil drawing of a house at 421 Cass Street. The main entrance is on a long porch with columns, under a balcony. There is a side entrance on the left.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing from Harney's "History of Winnebago County" of E.L. Mathewson's home on Doty Island.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.