1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Bridge across the Mississippi River between Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin and Marquette, Iowa.

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Campion Jesuit High School, Lawler Hall, finished in 1955.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The northwest facade of the Michael Brisbois house, built in 1815.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Photograph

Campion College

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from a distance of Campion College.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, a view of the tomb of Michael Brisbois.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.