1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1899-07 

Description: Portrait of six Krueger brothers and sisters. Seated are Amelia, August, and Bertha. Standing are Minnie, Albert, and Henry.

Date: 1836 

Description: This map show plat of the city, local streets, block numbers, section lines, and canals. The map includes reference text: "Surveyor's office, Brown County...

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Engraving entitled "Tomb of Washington--Mount Vernon".

Book or Pamphlet

Deering Catalog Illustration

Date: 1889 

Description: Back cover illustration for a William Deering and Company catalog showing a woman and three children examining a paper with the title "The Deering All-Stee...

Date: 1859 

Description: Typed text on back of photograph: "River Falls Rifle company, River Falls, Wis. Organized 1859, later fought with 12th Wisconsin Volunteer Regiment in Civi...


A Whitehall Street

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Looking down one of Whitehall's streets with horses, carriages, men and stores. A wagon is unloading tobacco.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Interior of the Wisconsin Central Railway's Waukesha back shop. The elevated view is from the office of the superintendent.


Dennis Murphy

Date: 1856 

Description: Quarter-length oval portrait of Dennis Murphy. He was born in the County of Wexford, Ireland, and came to Wisconsin on May 27, 1827.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: Two women and a man stand in a garden that has trellises with Greek Revival frame house in background. The house has a small one story addition in back. Fa...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Andrew Dahl's wagon is on the side of a two-story log house in Blue Mounds. On one side of the wagon cover is "A.L. Dahl Landscape Photographer." On the ba...


Cliff House

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Cliff House, a resort hotel built shortly after 1872 when Devil's Lake was reached by rail. Three-story frame house with balcony on each floor. There is a...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison. The building is now Music Hall. Two statues are in a stained glass window alcove, and portraits line the second floor balc...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: The title page of the map book titled "Map of the Mississippi River from the Falls of St. Anthony to the Junction of the Illinois River."

Date: 1899-02-22 ca.

Description: The facade of the John Pritzlaff Hardware Co., on the back cover of the Old Settlers' Club Banquet Menu.

Date: 1842-09-28 

Description: A page in Samuel Marshall's diary, dated September 28, 1842, with several short entries.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: View from Main Hall (later Bascom Hall) on the University of Wisconsin campus. North Hall is in the foreground. Behind it is Langdon Street and, in the d...

Date: 1877-07-04 ca.

Description: "From Sullivan's Block, outside Park Hotel, soldiers in a square," one of four "Different Views of Parades in the Streets" identified in Dahl's 1877 "Catal...

Book or Pamphlet

Runaway Slave

Date: 1837 before

Description: Image of a runaway slave with stick and satchel.

Date: 1885 

Description: Advertisement for Watson-Deering Twine Binder for 1885. The illustration features a rear view of a man using a team of horses to pull a twine binder throug...


Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: