1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Mill at Lemonwier

Date: 1925 

Description: A large wooden building with side wing and covered porch, this mill was built in 1853-4 by Newell Dustin. There is a cupola behind the chimney. According t...

Photograph

E.S. Minor House

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Front view of E.S. Minor house.

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of town including houses, water tower, city streets and buildings.

Postcard

Camp Scene

Date: 1925-07-01 

Description: Black and white postcard of Camp Douglas with the Y.M.C.A. Camp in the background. Many tents are pitched and soldiers are lined up on the left. An automob...

Postcard

Castle Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of Castle Rock. Elevated view over trees and shrubs in the foreground. Text in lower right corner, "Castle Rock, Camp Douglas, Wis."

Date: 1935-05-17 

Description: View of abandoned homes and other structures.

Postcard

Division Street

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Division Street looking south in Mauston.

Date: 1925 

Description: Exterior of the Travelers Home Hotel. A car is parked alongside the hotel.

Photograph

Salter Gravemarker

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Salter marker between Necedah and New Lisbon, marks spot where some Indians killed a Mrs. George Salter on June 13, 1863. Mr. salter had a log tavern here...

Photograph

Cash Block

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of front of the Cash Block with person standing in front of building.

Postcard

Castle Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of Castle Rock with trees all around the base. Text in upper right corner, "Castle Rock, Camp Douglas, Wis."

Photograph

Mock Battle

Date: 1894 ca.

Description: View down hill of the 3rd Regiment enacting a mock battle in an open, rural area.

Postcard

Image Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: Black and white postcard of Image Rock. The image was taken through a stand of trees. Text at top, "Image Rock, Camp Douglas, Wis."

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Lemonweir River flour mill built in 1852 and torn down in 1943. Mill and site were purchased in 1926 by the Wisconsin Power and Light Company for a power p...

Postcard

Signal Rock

Date: 1908-09-08 

Description: Photographic postcard of Signal Rock. Trees are in the foreground and on the the hill. Text below reads, "Signal Rock, Camp Douglas, Wis."

Date: 1980-06 

Description: Identified only as the intersection of Flowage Road and State Highway 173 in Juneau County, this image probably shows the entrance to the Meadow Valley Flo...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of a combat drill. The scene includes soldiers, horses, wagons, cannons, tents, buildings and trees. Text above reads, "'Preparing for A...

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1925 

Description: The public school, a two-story brick building with tall windows in the front but not on the side. A bell above the entrance. A shed to the left.

Date: 1907-07-08 

Description: Colorized postcard of a group of women visiting soldiers in a camp. They are seated on folding chairs next to a tent. One soldier is seated with them, othe...

Photograph

Camp Williams Town

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Camp Williams Town, with many houses. In the background are bluffs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.