1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Tea Circle Oaks

Date: 1959 before

Description: A large, spreading oak tree shading stone stairs in the courtyard of Frank Lloyd Wright's home, Taliesin. A large bronze bell is hanging from the lowest li...

Photograph

Sweeney Brothers

Date: 1933-10-04 

Description: Brothers William Sweeney (Right) and Homer Sweeney (Left), standing on Coon Rock Bluff.

Photograph

Cornish Miner's Row

Date: 1962-06-16 ca.

Description: A row of historical homes, once owned by Cornish miners. Purchased by Robert Neal, the house on the left is undergoing restoration. Mr. Neal has also resto...

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: Southeast elevation of Taliesin, the home of Frank Lloyd Wright, probably during construction. The image includes the bedroom wing and covered terrace, as...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Cornish miner homes on Shake Rag Street. The home at the right, which has since been demolished, was constructed of clay mixed with marsh grass, pressed in...

Postcard

High Street

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The businesses on High Street, looking west from Dellars Corner.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: View down street of central business district. Storefronts and building facades are on both sides of the street, and a few pedestrians are standing or walk...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a church.

Date: 1901 

Description: A hand-colored map of Iowa County, Wisconsin, shows townships and sections, towns, cities and villages, streams, landownership, roads, railroads and rural...

Date: 1915-09 

Description: Sheet 1 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Russell, left, and Ira Wepking pose as they pause from bringing in the dairy cows; they have taken off their hats, which are on the ground. A small dog sta...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Cyanotype of sisters Ellen Lloyd Jones (left) and Jane Lloyd Jones who founded and ran Hillside Home School. The women are the aunts of architect Frank Llo...

Map or Atlas

Village of Edmund

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: This map is pen and pencil on paper and shows land ownership by name, blocks, lots, local streets, and railroads. To the right of the title the map reads:...

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1935 before

Description: Exterior view of Frank Lloyd Wright's residence, Taliesin, from the southeast, emphasizing the broad overhangs and horizontal lines of the structure. Holl...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Schoolhouse of District #5 in Pleasant Ridge built on land donated by Isaac Shepard. Both blacks and whites built, attended, and taught at the school. Peop...

Photograph

Lover's Lane

Date: 1912 

Description: View down wooden walkway with a dwelling, trees and backyards on the left and an open area on the right.

Date: 1957-08 

Description: Looking south at the open front door at Taliesin with birch trees on left and Buddha on right of center. Taliesin is located in the vicinity of Spring Gree...

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Construction of the Hillside, part of the Taliesin Complex. Building debris is piled in front of the building, probably material from the Hillside Home Sch...

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Two boys with two dogs pose atop a bluff at the Charles Gottschall farm.

Photograph

Linden Blacksmith

Date: 1931-05-20 

Description: View of the Linden blacksmith shop, showing forge and equipment. The introduction of motorized farm equipment and automobiles led to the virtual disappear...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.