About the McCormick-International Harvester Collection

International Harvesterís roots extend back to 1831, when Cyrus McCormick first tested a mechanical reaper in a Virginia wheat field. In 1902 the McCormick Harvesting Machine Company merged with four of its rivals to form the International Harvester Company.

Since 1951 the Wisconsin Historical Society has collected artifacts and records of the McCormick family, the McCormick businesses and their competitors, and International Harvester Co. itself. The McCormick-International Harvester Collection currently occupies 3,500 cubic feet and contains over 200,000 photographs.

Send questions concerning the collection to:

McCormick-IHC Archivist
Archives Division
Wisconsin Historical Society
Madison, WI 53706
askmccormick@wisconsinhistory.org


The oldest poster in the McCormick-International Harvester Collection, printed in 1849, one year after Cyrus McCormick had relocated his factory to Chicago.

For more information, browse the posters.

About the Exhibit | Browse the Posters | Browse by Category | Visit the Museum | Exhibit Home

©  Wisconsin Historical Society