21 of 51

The Russian Connection

he McCormick Company established its first agency in Russia in 1880 and soon developed a network of dealers throughout that country. International Harvester operated a factory there from 1909 to 1927. Although the company did produce posters specifically for the Russian market, this poster for the Osborne line had the English name inked over and reprinted in the Cyrillic alphabet.

See similar posters: Variations | International

Click on image for larger version


Color lithograph, 1913
Printed by Hayes Lithographing Co.
(Buffalo) for International Harvester
Co. (Chicago)
29" x 20"

About the Exhibit | Browse the Posters | Browse by Category | Visit the Museum | Exhibit Home

  Wisconsin Historical Society