: 10 am–5 pm
Contact Info E-mail: oww@
: For recorded information call 262-594-6300; during operating hours call 262-594-6301.
Old World Fourth of July
Take part in a grand celebration and parade throughout the Crossroads Village, just like those held in small towns at the turn of the 20th century. Your entire family will have fun playing old-fashioned games like wheelbarrow races, giant pick-up sticks, croquet and lotto (bingo) throughout the day.
Be sure not to miss:
- 11 am Flag-Raising ceremony
- 11:30 am Community Band Concert (this is the only day this special band comes together to play songs of the time — on instruments of the period)
- 12:15 pm Hymn Sing at St. Peter's Church, where everyone can join in
- 1:30 pm Grand Parade throughout the village, featuring horses, exhibits through the ages, music and more — truly an extravaganza
- 2 pm Patriotic Exercises (your participation welcome)
- Then there will be a tug-o'-war with the Old World Wisconsin oxen (can you beat them?), a greased pole climb (there's a secret to winning), egg toss (with real eggs), and making (and tasting) hand-cranked ice cream and lots more.
: Adults $16; children (5-17) $9 (children under 5 are free); students and senior citizens (65 and over) $14; family (two adults and two or more dependent children 5-17) $43. Fees include an all-day tram transportation pass. Veterans with proof of service receive free admission to this event.
: Old World Wisconsin documents the settlement of 19th- and early 20th-century Wisconsin. It comprises an 1870s crossroads village and 10 ethnic farmsteads located on 576 acres of wooded hills in the Southern Unit of Kettle Moraine State Forest.
: Old World Wisconsin
: W372 S9727 Hwy 67
PO Box 69
: Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals requiring wheelchairs for mobility. Trams are equipped to transport visitors using wheelchairs during regular museum operating hours. Call ahead to make arrangements at 262-594-6301.
Event Location URL: