Join Us Saturday for this Free Special Event
The Wisconsin Historical Society invites you to attend History on the Square, a free special event in appreciation of past, present and future Society supporters this Saturday, Oct 1 from 1-3:30 pm at the Wisconsin Historical Museum on Madison's Capitol Square. Enjoy a unique opportunity to connect to your past by exploring the Society's best work around the state — all in one location.
- Participate in family friendly activities like scavenger hunts (including a prize for finishing), museum exhibit tours, kids' crafts and more.
- Go to battle with an 1812 Commander of the British Troops and meet other colorful, costumed characters.
- Take a picture with Lady, the black Morab mare and her historic buggy.
- Research your family history online at an interactive genealogy station.
- Explore Wisconsin history through captivating displays and presentations.
- Win an Amazon Kindle preloaded with A Short History of Wisconsin.
Attendees will also be among the first to view the museum's fascinating new exhibition, Wisconsin Innovations: From the Iconic to the Unexpected.
Share Your Love of Wisconsin History
History on the Square is free and open to the public. Show your support for the Society by bringing your friends and family members. Attendees who become a member or purchase a gift membership at the event will receive a discount on membership and a special gift.
:: Posted September 28, 2011