Project Information for Historic Preservation Professionals
The Historic Preservation Division seeks to develop a list
of qualified consultants with experience in Wisconsin historic
preservation who meet the
professional qualifications set forth in the Code of Federal
Regulations 36 CFR 61, Appendix A, the Secretary of the Interior's
"Standards for Archaeology and Historic Preservation."
The projects listed below are federally funded subgrants. Compliance
with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and
regulations, is required.
The work is to be started by June 2014 and completed by July
2015. The consultants' responsibilities are outlined below and
may include project-status reporting and supervision of assistants.
Intensive surveys of the following locations:
- City of Racine Manree Park neighborhood $15,000
- City of Janesville archaeological survey at Tallman House $10,500
- City of River Falls update 1990 survey $21,000
- City of Columbus update 1997 survey $7,000
Individual National Register nominations in the following locations:
- Village of Allouez 2 municipal buildings $6,878
- City of Milton 4 buildings $15,000
- City of Janesville for the Amorett and Edward Whiton House $3,500
National Register historic district nominations of the following locations:
- City of Watertown for the Clyman St. Residential Historic District $8,000
For each project you are interested in, you must mail 2 copies of your resume (4 pages maximum). Please include your current address, current email address and professional qualifications on your resume. Fax or email copies will not be accepted.
Consultants will be rated on professional qualifications; those
meeting the criteria will be notified.
Submit materials by March 15, 2014 to:
The Wisconsin Historical Society
Attention: Joe DeRose
816 State Street
Madison, WI 53706-1482
If you have questions, contact
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT