- Cyrus Hall McCormick, Vols. I & II by William T. Hutchinson, D. Appleton-Century Co., New York, 1935. The most authoritative and objective biography of Cyrus Hall McCormick.
- Nettie Fowler McCormick by Stella Virginia Roderick, Richard R. Smith Publisher, Inc., Rindge, NH, 1956. Roderick, a former magazine editor, was hired by the McCormick family in the 1930s to serve as "secretary" of the "Nettie Fowler McCormick Biographical Association." In this capacity she compiled Mrs. McCormick's papers and wrote this biography.
- A Timeless Affair: the Life of Anita McCormick Blaine by Gilbert A. Harrison, University of Chicago Press, 1979. Harrison was an editor of the New Republic and Anita McCormick Blaine's grandson-in-law.
International Harvester Company:
- A Corporate Tragedy: The Agony of International Harvester Company by Barbara Marsh, Doubleday, 1985. The most detailed business history of International Harvester available.
- American Enterprise in Foreign Markets: Singer and International Harvester in Imperial Russia by Fred V. Carstensen, University of North Carolina Press, 1984. Includes discussion of foreign business of the McCormick Harvesting Machine Company.
- A Century of Labor-Management Relations at McCormick and International Harvester by Robert W. Ozanne, University of Wisconsin Press, 1967
- Wages in Practice and Theory; McCormick and International Harvester, 1860-1960 by Robert W. Ozanne, University of Wisconsin Press, 1968
International Harvester Machinery:
- 150 Years of International Harvester by C.H. Wendel, Crestline Publishing, Sarasota, Florida, 1981. Black-and-white photographic history of the International Harvester product line. Includes a brief narrative history of the company.
- International Harvester Farm Equipment: Product History 1831-1985, by Ralph Baumheckel and Kent Borghoff, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 1997. A history of International Harvester's agricultural equipment line illustrated with black-and-white and color photographs. Includes a concise narrative history of the company.
- Farmall Letter Series Tractors: Originality Guide by Guy Fay and Andy Kraushaar, Motorbooks International, 1998. A guide to restoration of Farmall Letter Series tractors. Includes decal placement diagrams.
- Farmall Tractors by Lee Klancher, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, 1995. A color photo gallery highlighting the history of International Harvester's most popular tractors.
- Iconographix Photo Archive Series: Photographs from the McCormick-International Harvester Company Collection, edited with introduction by P.A. Letourneau. Six titles in the series cover IHC tractors: Farmall Regular, Farmall F-Series, Farmall H, Farmall M, Tractractors and Farmall Super Series.
- International Harvester Experimental and Prototype Tractors by Guy Fay, Motorbooks International, 1997. A detailed history of experimental and prototype tractors illustrated with patent drawings and photographs.
- International Harvester Tractor Data Book by Guy Fay, Motorbooks International, 1997. Comprehensive guide to specifications, serial numbers and production of International Harvester tractors through the 1950s.