Renew Library Materials Online
Because the WHS Library is part of UW-Madison's online circulation system, most WHS Library loans can be renewed without your having to visit. Here's what to do:
For online renewal:
- Go to Library Catalog (formerly MadCat), UW-Madison's online catalog. The Library Catalog is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note for off-campus users: To reach the Library Catalog without a UW-Madison Internet connection, go to the Library Catalog page and click on the URL underneath the "Guests and Special Borrowers" heading. (This does not apply to patrons connecting from campus computers or for users of the WiscWorld dialup service.)
- To access your library record, click on the "My Account" link from the Library Catalog website. When prompted, type your ID number (the 11-digit barcode number on your ID or library card) and your last name. If your borrowing card was issued by a UW System campus other than Madison, use "Choose Home Library" to choose your local campus before entering your number and last name.
- The Patron Information screen displays the following about you:
Personal Information (name, address)
Items Checked Out list (for all WHS and any UW System loans you have)
Request Information (shows the status of recalls or other requests)
Fines and Fees (whether you owe any library fines)
To renew, go to the Items Checked Out list and click the Renew? box beside each item that you want to renew. Then click on the Renew Items button at the end of the list.
- REVIEW the Items Checked Out list to make sure that all desired items were renewed. The Renewal Status column at far right will show either Renewed or Not Renewed and the due date for each item you selected.
If any item you selected is Not Renewed, the due date has not changed. Contact the Circulation Office at 608-264-6534, or email us for more information.
- When you are done reviewing the Items Checked Out list, click on the Logoff button at the top of the page, so that your personal information cannot be viewed by anyone else.
If you don't have Internet access, or if online renewal doesn't cooperate:
- CALL the Circulation Office at 608-264-6534,
- EMAIL the Circulation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (or just reply to an emailed notice).
Please have the following information ready if you call, or include it in your message or letter:
- Your Name
- The ID or barcode number from your borrowing card
- The full title of each item you want to renew
We will respond to mail and email inquiries within one or two business days. By telephone we can usually respond while you wait.