From June to August, the Society's Local History Field Services program travels around the state meeting with affiliates in each of Wisconsin's 10 regions. These meetings provide you with tools to help you manage your organization in addition to the opportunity to share ideas and solve common issues.
2013 Regional Meetings
Agenda topics include:
- Tips and strategies for effective communication, museum displays and public programming
- Regional roundtable discussion
- Updates from the Society and Field Services
- A variety of interesting local history programs and tours
Mark your calendars and plan to join your local history colleagues at one of this year's regional meetings.
Meetings will feature presentations by local folks and updates from the Wisconsin Historical Society.
You'll also have the opportunity to talk with history colleagues and learn what others are doing in the field.
Each meeting will wrap up with a variety of tours of local sites or engaging local history programs.
Regional Meetings will be held in 10 convenient locations throughout the state. Choose the location that works best for you.
Click on a location below to see the detailed agenda:
2013 Dates and Locations
- Jun 14 — Menomonee Falls, Southeast Region
Menomonee Falls Historical Society
- Jul 10 — Janesville, Capital Region
Rock County Historical Society
- Ju1 13 — Greenfield, Metropolitan Region
Greenfield Historical Society
- Jul 20 — Seymour, Northeast Region
Seymour Community Historical Society
- Jul 24 — Sheboygan, East Central Region
Sheboygan County Historical Society
- Aug 5 — New London, Central Region
New London Public Museum
- Aug 16 — TBD, Northwoods Region
Florence County Historical Society
- Sep 13 — TBD, Northwest Region
Douglass County Historical Society
- Sep 16 — TBD, Southwest Region
Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bicycle Museum
- Sep 21 — Stanley, West Central Region
Stanley Area Historical Society
Each agenda is in PDF format, 1 page, 130 KB. If you encounter problems viewing the agendas, try downloading the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Fill out and mail the printable registration form (PDF, 103 KB) with the appropriate fee to the host organization.
Local History Presentations
Interested in seeing presentations from past conferences and regional meetings? They are available to view online, print or download.
Mark your calendars for October 11-12, 2013
Don't miss the next Local History and Historic Preservation Conference.
Oct 11-12, 2013
451 E Grand Ave
Wisconsin Rapids, WI