Search For Microfilm
Search our catalog of more than 12,000 newspapers and magazines available on microfilm.
Your searches will be more successful if you follow these tips:
- Omit articles such as "an" or "the".
- Truncation is automatic: "jour" retrieves "journal," "journey" etc.
- The city, county and state boxes will only retrieve newspapers.
- Enter as few words as possible. If you get too many results, search again using one or two additional terms.
- Don't know the newspaper's title? Use only the "city" box to see all available newspapers from that place.
- For multi-word cities and counties, use the entire phrase: "Prairie du Chien" (not "Chien" by itself)
- To search by subjects, such as "labor unions" or "genealogy," first go to the Library Catalog or the Archives Catalog (ArCat) to identify specific titles. Then return here to see if microfilm of a specific periodical is available for sale.
- Note: we intend to expand this index to include manuscripts, archival collections and books at a later date.