Scheduling a Research
Fieldtrip to the Wisconsin Historical Society
In order to give library
and archives staff sufficient time to prepare for your visit,
we ask that you schedule research fieldtrips at least
three weeks in advance.
Ready to Visit?
In your email or call,
we will need the following information from you:
- What are your first and second choices for the fieldtrip
- What time do you plan to arrive and depart?
- How many students will you have in your group?
- What are your goals for the day? (Students have a much
more successful trip if there is a focus for their time with
us. Do you want to introduce your students to an archive?
Do you want them to accomplish as much research as possible
for a National History Day project? Etc.)
- What are your students' research topics? Please be as specific
as possible. Topics should be sent at least one week prior
to the day of the visit so that Library and Archives staff
may more readily assist students with their research.