Use the smaller-sized text Use the larger-sized text Use the very large text

Cassville Brewery



Cassville Brewery
+ Click to enlarge

Did You Know?

Nearly all of the images in our online collections are available for purchase as archival pigment prints or digital files and many may be licensed for reproduction. For more information, see our FAQ.


Email Icon Share this image with a friend

Title: Cassville Brewery
Description: Elevated view of the brewery dwarfed by the overhead bluffs. The brewery was built by William Schmitz. George Scheibl ran the brewery from 1899 until his death in 1904. The brewery operated until 1924, making beer with the trade name "Old Fashion Lager". In 1934, the brewery reopened after the repeal of prohibition and operated until 1938. There is a small house in the lower left of the image. A loaded horse-dawn wagon is ready to go. There are men standing in front of the brewery, and a footbridge in the bottom center of the image. In the far background is the Mississippi River and opposite shoreline.

Image ID: 29795
Creation
Date:
1900 ca.
Creator
Name:
Feiker, Frank
City, State: Cassville, Town of, Wisconsin
Collection
Name:
Feiker, Frank W. : Photographs. 1910-1950
Genre: Photograph
Subjects: Trees
Dwellings
Breweries
Brewing industry
Cities and towns
Fuelwood
Formations (Geology)
Landforms
Horses
Hats
Commercial buildings
Firearms
Bridges
Horse-drawn vehicles
Mississippi River
Field crops
Men
Outdoor photography
Barrels
Clothing and dress
Shorelines
Hills
Fields (Agriculture)
 

This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.

Please Credit: Wisconsin Historical Society.

  • Questions about this page? Email us
  • Email this page to a friend
Increase Text Size Return to Normal Text Size