in Wisconsin History
Early fixtures in the first Wisconsin home to use electricity.
Rogers House Photographs
These 11 photographs show the early electrical fixtures in Hearthstone, the world's first home lighted by a central hydroelectric station, in Appleton, Wis. The home belonged to paper executive Henry J. Rogers, who installed the first commercial electrical generator in the company's mill nearby, in 1882.
Industrialization and Urbanization|
The Introduction of Electrical Power
|Creator:||Mares, Harold D., compiler.|
|Pub Data:||Original photographs in the Visual Materials collection of the Wisconsin Historical Society Archives (call number: PH 6144). The photos were submitted by owner Harold Mares in nominating the house to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.|
|Citation:||"Rogers House Photographs." Original photographs in the Visual Materials collection of the Wisconsin Historical Society Archives (call number: PH 6144). Online facsimile at: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/turningpoints/search.asp?id=1015; Visited on: 11/25/2015|