An electric mixer from the 1920s
Electric mixer manufactured by Wisconsin Electric Co. of Racine
Wisconsin Electric Co. was established in 1913 by Chester Beach and Louis Hamilton. The two men had previously helped found the Hamilton Beach Manufacturing Co. in Racine to manufacture Beach's high speed fractional horsepower electric motor. According to legend, the Hamilton Beach Manufacturing Co. developed the first practical electric drink mixer in 1911 at the urging of William Horlick, who wanted to make it easier for consumers to mix up his powdered product called "malted milk."
Industrialization and Urbanization|
The Introduction of Electrical Power
|Creator: ||Wisconsin Electric Co.
|Pub Data: ||Manufactured by Wisconsin Electric Co. of Racine, Wisconsin between 1921 and 1928. In the Wisconsin Historical Museum (Museum object #2004.18.1A-B).
|Citation: ||Electric mixer manufactured by Wisconsin Electric Co. of Racine between 1921 and 1928. In the Wisconsin Historical Museum (Museum object #2004.18.1A-B).
Online facsimile at:
Visited on: 5/25/2013