in Wisconsin History
The famed Schlitz Palm Garden closes its doors in 1921
Schlitz Garden Enters History
The Schlitz Palm Garden opened in Milwaukee on July 3, 1886, next to the Schlitz Hotel. Drawing crowds of tourists, the Palm Garden was a prominent city showpiece until the 1920s when the building was closed and converted to a movie theater.
Industrialization and Urbanization|
Brewing and Prohibition
|Pub Data:||Milwaukee Journal. 6 March 1921.|
|Citation:||"Schlitz Garden Enters History." Milwaukee Journal. (6 March 1921). Online facsimile at: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/turningpoints/search.asp?id=1195; Visited on: 7/1/2015|